Become a Community Leader
Introducing the Homeless Action Leadership Council, with an invitation to join -
There are many public and nonprofit agencies in Santa Cruz County that collaborate to provide effective programs and services to people who are homeless. What's been missing is an organized, broad-based group of concerned citizens and leaders to provide input and support on homeless related issues. The Homeless Action Leadership Council will address this by working on homeless-related issues and concerns on behalf of our greater communities and stakeholders in Santa Cruz County.
- Develop a strategy and educational materials to communicate information to the broader community on homeless needs and issues.
- Review and provide input on Santa Cruz County’s proposed annual funding applications to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development for local homeless programs.
- Work with the Homeless Action Partnership (HAP) to create a new community Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness and provide a structure for broad community input on the creation of this plan.
- Periodically review Santa Cruz County’s progress on the Ten Year Plan and provide an annual report to the community on current programs and on progress on the Ten Year Plan.
- Hold community meetings as needed to receive community input on homeless programs and services.
- Attend an orientation meeting upon beginning service.
- Attend approximately six - eight meetings a year.
It is essential that the Council have members representing all geographic areas of Santa Cruz County. It is also essential that the Council have representatives from all key stakeholder groups, including faith-based organizations, the business sector, homeless and formerly homeless community, neighborhood based community organizations, and law enforcement.
If you are interested in joining, please contact: Phil Kramer - Project Coordinator (831) 334-4976 / firstname.lastname@example.org